September 24, 2019 In Desserts
Apple Walnut Crostata
This European-style tart is easy to make and enjoyable by the entire family! Serve with vanilla ice cream to create a special dessert treat.
YIELD: 8 servings
- 1 refrigerated/ready-made piecrust
- 6-7 baking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- dash of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place apples, sugar, walnuts, flour and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and toss well.
- Transfer piecrust to baking sheet. Spoon apple mixture into center of piecrust and fold up sides of pastry to capture apples and juices. Dot with butter.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Recipe created by: Washington Apple Commission