Apple and Brie Wrapped in Prosciutto
Crisp Gala apples with creamy brie cheese is a classic combination. When you wrap them in prosciutto and drizzle on a little balsamic glaze, it takes the appetizer to a new level. Warm them up under a broiler just until the cheese starts to melt for a delightful contrast in textures. This simple appetizer is sure to be a huge hit at your next cocktail party.
- Half of a lemon
- 2 medium Gala apples, cut into thick slices
- 3 ounces of prosciutto
- 4-6 ounce wheel of brie cheese, sliced into 2 inch pieces
- Balsamic glaze, store bought
- 6-8 sprigs of rosemary, preferable the woody stems (or toothpicks)
- Preheat the broiler on high.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon half into a bowl of cold water. Add the slices of apple, as you cut them, to the water until you are ready to assemble.
- Place a piece of cheese on top of a slice of apple; wrap a piece of prosciutto around the set on a sheet pan. Repeat with remaining apple and cheese slices.
- Place sheet pan under the broiler and broil for 5-8 minutes, until the cheese is softened and the prosciutto is beginning to brown. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Push rosemary stems through the apple and cheese bundles, place on a serving platter and drizzle lightly with balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.
Recipe created by: Meg Raines