Chocolate Almond Spread
Sometimes we all need a little afternoon pick-me-up that involves chocolate. Why not make it a healthy choice with this chocolate almond butter spread sweetened with honey? It takes nearly no time to prepare and pairs exceptionally well with our Cripps apples. The sweet-tart flavor of the Cripps balances out the sweet, creamy flavor in the spread for this perfectly healthy afternoon treat.
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or other nut butter of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons natural cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
- 4 Cripps apples
- Flake salt for sprinkling (optional)
- Combine the almond butter, cocoa powder and honey, stir well to combine. NOTE: if the mixture is stiff you can warm it for a few seconds in the microwave or add a teaspoon of coconut oil to loosen it up.
- Cut the apples into slices and serve alongside the spread. Include a small dish of flake salt for sprinkling on top of the chocolate spread for an extra punch of flavor.
Recipe created by: Meg Raines