Fall Cider Sangria (Non-Alcoholic)
Everyone in the family will enjoy this non-alcoholic version of the popular Spain-inspired cocktail. We made our Sangria with sweet cider and tangy pomegranate juice. We loaded it with lots of crisp Golden and Red Delicious apple slices. Serve this cider sangria warm or over ice and enjoy any time of the year.
- 4 cups of apple cider
- 1 cup of pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate molasses
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 12 ounces of sparkling water
- One Golden Delicious apple, sliced
- 1 Red Delicious apple, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- Add the apple and pomegranate juice to a large sauce pan, add the pomegranate molasses, cinnamon sticks and star anise and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, turn off the heat and let steep until it cools (the cider can be served warm at this point if desired).
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and star anise and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Just before serving add the sparkling water, sliced apples and oranges, and ice.
Recipe created by: Meg Raines