Baked Brie Topped with Fresh Cherries
Cherry season is upon us – meaning summer get-togethers are not far behind. Serving ripe, juicy cherries over warm, gooey brie is an elegant and simple appetizer for a casual get together. Pair this dish with a chilled semi-dry Rosé wine.
YIELD: 8-10 servings
- 8 oz. wheel of brie cheese
- 1 cup of pitted and chopped dark cherries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Additional whole cherries
- Crackers or sliced baguette
- Fresh basil or thyme (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place brie wheel on a small baking sheet. drizzle with honey and bake for 10 minutes, until the inside starts to get soft but does not melt completely.
- Remove from oven, carefully transfer to a serving plate, top with chopped cherries and herbs if desired.
- Serve warm with additional cherries and crackers or sliced baguette.
Recipe created by: Meg Raines