Apple Pull Apart Bread
This showstopping pull apart bread will be your go-to recipe for making holiday breakfasts a little more special. The best part is that it comes together quickly with prepared biscuit dough. We added Granny Smith apples to give it just the right amount of tartness to balance out the sweet.
YIELD: 6-8 servings
- 1 (16 ounce) can prepared biscuit dough
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup diced Granny Smith apple (about half of a large apple)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins (or other dried fruit or nuts of choice)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 maple syrup (or use more brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F, generously grease a loaf pan with some of the melted butter.
- Separate biscuits into 8 sections, cut each section into quarters for a total of 32 pieces. Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon together in a mixing bowl, add the biscuit pieces and toss to coat thoroughly. Mix in the diced apples and raisins, and transfer mixture to the prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl whisk the remaining melted butter, brown sugar and maple syrup together until smooth. Pour over the biscuit mixture evenly. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the dough in the center is cooked and the top is golden brown. Loosen around the edges with a knife, let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, turn upside down onto a serving platter, scraping out any remaining syrup or biscuit pieces. Serve warm.
This recipe is easily doubled for a crowd; after doubling all the ingredients make sure to bake it in a standard-size bundt pan for 50-55 minutes.
Recipe Created by: Meg Raines