Hearty Oatmeal with Pears
Filled with fiber and fruity nutrients, this oatmeal will keep you satisfied. A hot bowl of hearty oatmeal is perfect for a wintry morning.
YIELD: Serves 2
TIME: 10 minutes
- 1 Bosc USA Pear, cored and chopped
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup toasted pecans
- In a large glass bowl, combine pear, oatmeal, cinnamon, brown sugar, raisins, and water.
- Microwave on high for seven minutes or until pears are tender. Divide between two bowls, top with pecans, and enjoy!
Recipe Provided By: Pear Bureau NW