Winter Apple Crunch Salad
This refreshing winter salad gets its satisfying crunch from the crisp Gala apples, roasted nuts and fresh romaine lettuce. Healthy and delicious, it’s just what you need on your table in the winter months or any time of the year.
YIELD: 4 servings
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 Gala apple, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted pecans (or other nut variety, roasted)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (or other dried fruit)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1–2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey), to taste
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a container with a lid and shake rigorously until smooth. Alternatively, place in a mini bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Assemble salad just before serving, drizzle with dressing and serve.
Recipe Created By: Meg Raines