February 9, 2021 In Desserts
Cosmic Crisp Mini Tarts
- 3 Cosmic Crisp® apples, cored and halved
- 2 refrigerated pre-rolled pie crusts
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- ¼ cup apricot preserves
*This recipe uses 3” tart pans.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface until ¼” thick, flatten any creases.
- Place tart pans on surface and cut 6 circles large enough to extend ¼” past rim of pan.
- Press circles into pans and trim any excess dough. Pierce the bottom with a fork 4 or 5 times, then transfer to freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- While dough chills, thinly slice each apple half, keeping the slices together so one half can go in each pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk, the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt together.
- Remove tart shells from the freezer and place a half apple in each, sprinkle one ⅙th of the sugar mixture over each apple and dot with 1-½ teaspoons of butter.
- Bake until shells are golden and apples are tender, 28 -36 minutes.
- Gently heat the apricot preserves and lightly brush onto the tops of apples while hot.
- Cool on a wire rack at least 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with cinnamon flavored whipped cream or ice cream.
Recipe Provided By: PVM