September 22, 2021 In Desserts
No Bake Pear Cheesecake
YIELD: MAKES 4 (12.5 OZ JARS)
- 1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted, slightly cooled
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream or creme fraiche
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 largeUSA Pears Starkrimson variety, medium chop
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cinnamon stick, optional
- Pulse gingersnap cookies in a food processor until ground. Combine with melted butter until moistened. Divide among four serving containers* and press cookie crumbs to the bottom to form the crust. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream and mix until incorporated. Scrape down bowl as needed to ensure thorough mixing. Add confectioners’s sugar and heavy cream. Mix on low speed until mixture is smooth.
- Divide cheesecake batter among prepared serving containers. Use a mini offset spatula, or the back of a spoon, to level cheesecake batter. Cover and store in fridge for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Meanwhile, place chopped pears in a heavy bottomed sauce pot. Add water, brown sugar, and optional cinnamon stick. Set over medium heat and cook until sugar has melted. Stir often to ensure sugar does not burn at the bottom of the pot. Once sugar has melted, remove from heat. Set aside until cheesecake is chilled.
- Spoon pears and syrup over chilled cheesecakes. Serve immediately.
*Notes: I used 12.5 oz glass jars.
Developed for USA Pears by: Maryanne Cabrera at The Little Epicurean http://www.thelittleepicurean.com/2015/12/no-bake-pear-cheesecake.html